While we are happy to use our legal skills and capabilities for any international (or domestic) clients, we have particular experience with US law as it pertains to German-speaking companies and individuals. In addition to fluency in German language, we offer an understanding of the particular cultural and legal issues facing German-speakers living, working, and doing business in the United States. Erblaw offers "one-stop shopping" for companies looking to establish a presence in the United States, from setting up the corporation and ensuring that key personnel can transfer into the United States to providing assistance with employment law, contracts, and virtually any other area needed by new or established subsidiaries of German companies. More importantly, we have the experience necessary to help clients maximize liability protection while optimizing taxation.
We also work closely with a number of attorneys and law firms in Germany – in their native language – and can assist US companies interested in doing business in Germany as well. We also assist with matters before the Consulates in Germany.
• Experience with German and international clients in all of our major practice areas
• Practice team fluent in the language and culture of German-speaking Europe, with experience living and working in Germany and an excellent understanding of the German legal system
• A presence in Germany, through frequent travel to client locations throughout Germany and Europe.
Our clients in Germany span a broad range of different industries and areas, including:
• Internet hosting, e-mail and related online services
• Information technology consulting
• Software development and sales
• Waste management consulting
• Oil & gas consulting
• Manufacturers of a broad range of different industrial and consumer products
We can offer and coordinate translation and consulting services for clients all over the world.