The Erb Law Firm PC advises on all aspects of computer, privacy, and e-commerce law. We have advised businesses ranging from large, multinational web hosting and e-mail companies to smaller
e-commerce business in sectors from healthcare to fashion. We also have extensive experience working with developers of websites and related applications as well as providers of SEO, SEM and related
services. Finally, we've worked with a number of clients on privacy and data security law.
Below are some examples of work we’ve done in the past. If you don’t see what you need give us a call and see if we can help.
- Assist with responses to customer and third-party complaints ranging from IP to defamation.
- Advise regarding responses to subpoenas from across the world under a multitude of laws and legal theories
- Advise regarding the Digital Millenium Copyright Act, CDA 230 immunity, the Cloud Act, and a host of other e-commerce and cyberlaws
- Advise regarding domain name disputes and UDRP matters
- Advise multinational corporations on compliance with conflicting national laws relating to the above.
- Assist with litigation and e-discovery relating to internet law and e-commerce topics
Data Security and Privacy
- Assist clients with European Privacy law compliance (including GDPR, Model Clauses, and Privacy Shield)
- Advise regarding HIPAA compliance and coordinate internal review of necessary technical and organizational measures
- Coordinate local counsel review of potential privacy issues for jurisdictions ranging from Canada and Mexico to the EU
- Review and draft Business Assocciate Agreements and Data Processing Agreements
- Drafting web site privacy policies, terms of service, disclosures, and click-through agreements for a number of Internet-based service companies.
- Reviewing sign on and purchase processes for compliance with US law and enforceability